Friday, January 17, 2014

How Can I Make Some Extra Money?



Money! We want it and some of us want a lot of it. But what happens when there is a dire shortage of money? That is what I intend to find out with this particular blog entry.

What do I need money for exactly? New shoes? A new dress? A new purse? A golden ring? No. I need money for food and gas. That’s it. As I have blogged about before, my husband is currently out of work but the good news is that he did recently find a job that will make everything so much better financially but it starts in March. In the meantime we are having to make do with my one pay check. If I had a six-figure income, that would not be so bad, but I only make about $14.50 per hour. To put that into perspective, we are  living off of $1680.00 per month after deducting taxes and medical and auto insurance (both of which I cannot afford to cover my husband  under). That boils down to $840.00 biweekly which is not much money nowadays. The only thing keeping me sane right now is that his new job is coming up in March.

Yet, there are other expenses that keep coming up, expenses that we are not prepared for because we are living hand to mouth and have no savings. Things are so bad that I am going through the ‘feminine monthlies’ but I am out of the proper equipment, so I have been using big wads of tissue while I am out. When I am at home, I use less tissue since it is slowing down. I also have no clue how I am getting to work next week since I am sure my gas will be gone by Monday evening, and probably the food will be gone too. We love to entertain guests at our home, but there is no way we can do it since we have no food to offer. We don’t even have any heat to offer since we have swore off heat this winter to keep the energy bill low. And Lord knows if it wasn’t for a little invention called Ramen noodles we would starve. 


Someone tell me quick, how can I make some extra money? Keep it legal. Thanks. 

Be sure to comment, subscribe, and +1.

Follow by Email