Thursday, December 12, 2013

What is Your Best Recipe?


I hate to admit it – that is to say my thighs hate to admit it – but this time of year has me really thinking about food. Turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potato pie, green beans, broccoli, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, red velvet cake, devil’s food, baked chicken, biscuits, fried yams, lobster bisque with shrimp and fish, and fresh baked bread. Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to make you drool.

With all of this good food being cooked in kitchens across the country, I am wondering what good recipes are out there. Here is mine – Chili.

Chili is one of those foods that are highly personalized by the eater, so I suggest that you look over the ingredients first before making it. If you want it spicier, add more peppers; if you want it milder, use less peppers or leave them out completely. Furthermore, of the seasonings listed I am only sure that I actually use a ¼ cup of chili powder. I sprinkle on the rest of the ingredients until I just know it is enough. Still, you can use the measurements listed as a base and add to it later if it doesn't taste just right. That being said, let’s start cooking!

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef
6 oz. can tomato paste
3 drained cans chili beans
1 can chili beans undrained
1 diced yellow onion
1 diced green pepper, seeds and stem removed
1 diced habanero pepper, seeds and stem removed
¼ cup chili powder
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 beef bullion cube
Sour cream (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)
Tortilla chips (optional)


Instructions
1.      Brown the ground beef.
2.      Add the other ingredients. Let simmer for two hours. Stir every few minutes to keep it from burning.
3.      Eat it up!

Wasn’t that easy? The chili is awesome on its own, but you can also add sour cream and shredded cheese and eat it with tortilla chips. Yum! I’m getting hungry just typing this article.


So what is your best recipe? Leave your answer in the comments section below. 


Be sure to comment, subscribe, +1, and share this blog with others!



Follow by Email