Thursday, November 14, 2013

Why My Two Cents are Worthless



Child-rearing. Career paths. The best route to get somewhere. Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone has an opinion on everything? Guess where the best place is to state one’s opinion? You guess it – the internet.

What exactly makes my blog different from the others? Unlike many bloggers, I am admitting up front that in the larger scheme of things, my two cents are worthless. Why is that? Because if I say not to spank kids, at least some will grow up as self-centered narcissists; if I say the best career path is in healthcare, that could be the area with the  most layoffs in a month; if I say the best way to get downtown is to stay on Main for three miles and turn on Manchester, Main could be restructured in such a way that would make my this route impossible.

In other words, my opinions are important to me, but that’s it. I don’t know it all, and I’m sure I will change my mind about a lot of things as the years go on. Even now I am sure there are better ideas out there, and I welcome all responses full of your own opinions. That’s what makes opinions worthless, that they are transient, ever-changing with the times.


What topics will I be discussing on this blog? Sports? Politics? Science? Education? Entertainment? I think it can best be summed up in the term potpourri, a mix of everything. I hope this blog gets you thinking about your own opinions and what you currently hold dear. Please share them with the rest of us in the comment section, but please be respectful of others. Subscribe now to get the most out of my worthless two cents!


Be sure to comment, subscribe, +1, and share this blog with others!

Follow by Email